Launch of Flea-power tube amplifier end of 2017
In the end of 2017, a new Dutch SE tube amplifier will be launched. The name “Flea-power” is among other things used for amplifiers with low power (0,1 to 10 Watt). The low power of this flea-power tube amplifier is no restriction to fully enjoy the music, as long as you use the right speakers.
Most important features of the Flea-power tube amplifier:
- A stabilized power supply , powering both pre-amplifier and powerstage.
- No electrolytic capacitors, only foil capacitors (MKP) are used.
- No negative feedback.
- PCL82 and 85A2 in the stabilized power supply, EF86 and EL95 as pre-amp and powerstage.
- Stepped attenuator as volume control (24 steps)
- Point to point soldering and use of turrets.
Ever wanted to try-out a tube amplifier at home?
I have made 3 amplifiers specially for trial by people that want to give it a try for 14 days. The only cost is transport cost. The amp has to be sent back to me every time so I can check it to be sure the next person will get a perfect working device again. All this is on a base of good trust. I will send the amplifier in a solid packing.
If you are interested, you can sign in via the “leave a comment” field underneath this post.
A lot of attention is paid to the set up of the components and the quality of the soldering.